Anna has lent me The Silver Pigs by Lindsey Davis and I settled down to read this last night. It features a witty, Marlowe-like private detective - but it is set in ancient Rome (and ancient Britain). I couldn't concentrate though. Perhaps that bump on the head has had more effect than I thought! At any rate I ended up watching the SHOPPING CHANNELS on tv, thinking, "Ooh yes, that looks like a bargain" and, almost, reaching for my credit card. Where will it end? Will I ever read a book again? Come back later to find out.
Day 51; Book 47
23 Cute Cat Memes to Fall Into the Sweet Spooky Season With (October 6,
2026)
-
How do you officially prepare for Halloween?
Some holidays are not a big deal and do not require a lot of effort from
people. Thanksgiving, for example, re...
2 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment