I finished Snow Falling on Cedars last night and I was really caught up in it by the end. I could see then why the author had set things up in the detailed way he had. San Piedro Island had become a real place to me by the denouement, and when I looked up it was almost surprising not to be in the middle of a terrible snowstorm.
I still had time for The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett, which is only 121 pages long. Bennett writes amusingly of the Queen taking up reading, and there were several laugh-out-loud moments. Things get a little more serious as the book goes on, with the author imagining how singular it must be to be the Queen, and there is an excellent conclusion.
Cat Owners Share the Ridiculous Names They Gave Their Felines That Somehow
Fit Purrfectly
-
Naming a cat comes with basically no rules. You can spend hours searching
for the perfect name, or look at your new kitten and decide that they look
like a...
5 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment