Here is Alison Lurie's website, for anyone who is interested in reading more about this intelligent author.
Alison Lurie is very often described as witty, but I think that is more in the sense of her observations being clever, wry and apposite rather than in the sense of lightheartedly amusing. (Although I did laugh out loud at The Last Resort in a few unexpectedly hilarious scenes). Only Children I found rather sad, although as good a read as usual. The character of Mary Anne, a feisty 9-year-old, is very well drawn and appealing (even when she has a terrible temper tantrum).
Another interesting aspect of Alison Lurie is the way her characters pop up in different books at different ages, and you get to see them from a different angle.
Day 92; Book 89
‘My cat taught a kid how to walk a cat’: Clever feline delivers
heartwarming lesson in catto care when toddler takes interest in taking the
leash
-
When you think of cats and toddlers in the same sentence it is usually
along the lines of the cat taking down the toddler after the toddler did
something t...
6 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment