Thanks to Gayle I am now in temporary possession of some modern classics. I'd never even seen the film of Breakfast at Tiffany's so I was keen to find out what the book was all about. It's beautifully written and constructed and has the memorable character of Holly Golightly, infuriating and touching all at once. Now I must see the film - but will the characters be as I imagined them? The book also included 3 short stories, the last of which "A Christmas Memory" I can't recommend enough. It's warm and touching and full of nostalgia for a little boy's childhood.
Day 161; Book 161
Cat Owners Share the Ridiculous Names They Gave Their Felines That Somehow
Fit Purrfectly
-
Naming a cat comes with basically no rules. You can spend hours searching
for the perfect name, or look at your new kitten and decide that they look
like a...
5 hours ago
Oh dear Oh dear...that makes 2 of us. I have neither read the book nor seen the film, but I feel I really should now! Thanks Anne
ReplyDelete