I read the script for this play last night. I had a vague idea what it was about but deliberately didn't read any more about it so I came to it fresh. It was a very powerful piece of work which I would like to see performed, but even as a written piece it was shocking. It appears dated at times (I wonder if they update the references for performances?) and some of the revelations were too-clearly signalled. However, it had a fascinating conclusion both to the mystery involved and to the play itself. It raises huge issues about normality and spirituality. I see there is a film of the play although this is not without its detractors. Here is a link to the Broadway version of the play (with Daniel Radcliffe).
Day 183; Book 180
23 Cozy Cat Memes to Give Your Fall Day a Big Warm Fuzzy Hug
-
A good collection of cat memes feels like a cozy hug on a chill day.
Fall is finally here, and everyone knows that it is the purrfect blanket
season. Not w...
11 hours ago
Anne I've never read the script but did see the play many years ago - powerful indeed describes it very well indeed. I can still remember it quite clearly......shocking but extremely well acted ......quite disturbing really. Have seen it as a play on TV too. Jo
ReplyDelete