I loved this too! Just as I was moaning that I didn't like this one as much as the last, suddenly everything changed and I was on the edge of my seat. Funnily enough in this one it was the exciting action that grabbed me, so these books are not just for blokes. Brookmyre's use of language is amazing. I laughed and laughed at the expression "bevommed" for a person someone else had been sick all over (a hilarious situation itself - at least for the reader). There are many Scottish cultural references - but also one I can't believe I missed, to South Park (thanks Mr F for pointing it out).
Mr F has lots more of these books but this time I am going to pace myself and look for something else to read in the meantime.
Day 176; Book 175
Pierogi the cat spent freezing nights outside a sanctuary, desperate to get
in but too afraid to try; now he won't stop cuddling every single cat
there, proving no stray is ever a lost cause.
-
When a cat is too afraid to take the first step, it's good that there are
kindhearted hoomans there to help.
It's a known fact that some cats adopt themsel...
5 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment