Why did I think I wouldn't like this book? I took against it for no good reason at all but eventually decided to read it. It is a masterpiece. The characterisation and complex structure work beautifully. It's funny but also sad. Very little is stated explicitly but the character of the butler and the story of his life is gradually revealed. A wonderful book.
I like to read books uninformed as to their content as much as possible, but here's a link if you would prefer to know more about the book. Scroll down for reviews (watch out for spoilers).
Day 236; Book 227
‘My cat taught a kid how to walk a cat’: Clever feline delivers
heartwarming lesson in catto care when toddler takes interest in taking the
leash
-
When you think of cats and toddlers in the same sentence it is usually
along the lines of the cat taking down the toddler after the toddler did
something t...
6 hours ago
This is fairly unrelated, but I read your comment then got to the final line, and read:
ReplyDelete(watch out for spiders).
That's odd, right? I read this book a long long time ago, and I don't remember it very well. Time for a re-visit, I think. I'm going to wait till the end of August, when all dissertations and course work deadlines are over - I cannot wait!
Watch out for spiders,
Lis
I'm going to call spoilers, spiders from now on.
ReplyDelete