I was in the mood for ghost stories once I had read The Mist in the Mirror, so I decided to re-read The Turn of the Screw by Henry James. James is not an easy writer and I really had to concentrate on what he was saying here. It was well worth it though, to try and pick up all the nuances and ambiguities of what he was saying. Are the ghosts really there, or is everything in the imagination of the governess? There is no easy answer, and critics have been debating this for about 80 years . This is a story which repays reading and rereading. It really draws you in.
Day 58; Book 56
Hilarious Cat Memes Capturing the Never-Ending Battle Against Feline Fur
-
You're dressed, you're ready to leave, and then you look down. Cat hair.
All over the shirt you could've sworn was clean five minutes ago. Out comes
the li...
11 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment