Tuesday 2 December 2008

Reader Rage!

It's that feeling which comes over you when you settle down to read a promising-looking book - and then you realise you have read it before. Aaarrrgh! In this case it is Joanna Trollope's Second Honeymoon. I remember it's a good read but it's very annoying to either know what's going to happen, or to remember it as you read it.

I sometimes have a problem remembering titles. Distinctive titles are fine, but there are some authors out there whose titles just don't stick in my mind at all. Dean Koontz is one - the titles hardly convey anything to me at all. I think Nora Roberts might be another. It's funny because I will sometimes choose a book based just on the title.


Day 55; Book 52

2 comments:

  1. I love to re-read old favourites...very rarely do I worry about knowing what happens...Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true Anna - there are lots of books worth reading again. This one had sneaked up on me though!

    ReplyDelete