I decided to read this after visiting various Scottish medieval burghs at the weekend (as well as living in one).
It was more of a booklet than a book. It was written in 1972, so hopefully its pleas for excavation and recording of medieval sites (before they were destroyed by new building projects) have been heard. I've certainly heard of a few excavations recently although no doubt there is always more that could be done.
Good old Wikipedia has a list of Scottish burghs here. Pittenweem is a royal burgh, unlike some of its neighbours, ha ha!
Day 250; Book 238
'[I'm] running an old folks home for cats': After his owner passes, this
cat is abandoned by his family, but a kind couple gives him a second chance
and two senior friends for his purrfect retirement
-
Being abandoned at an old age is a heartbreak that no cat should
experience.
One thing that we always dread as cat owners is *the *day. The day that
they...
2 hours ago
Har har. I like how you mentioned that Pittenweem was a burgh twice. I take it Edinburgh is a burgh?? Or is that just it's name..?!
ReplyDelete