Monday 12 October 2009

And so farewell then, loyal readers

... as I have finished my 366th book! (I didn't manage to finish 365 by day 365, but I did manage 366 by day 366, so that's still a book a day for (one day over) a year. Thanks to David for mathematical mentoring.

I finished up with:

Lanterns and Lances by James Thurber - amusing so long as he didn't wander into word lists

Ten Italian Folktales by Italo Calvino - very enjoyable (surprisingly so as I don't normally like folk or fairy tales)

She Wasn't Soft by T. Coraghessan Boyle - kind of dark and edgy, it fulfills all the requirements of the short story (even if it was presented as a little book).

Killing the Angel in the House by Virginia Woolf - beautifully written essays and lectures. Feminism from the early days.

Oops, forgot to add this one: Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume - these must have seemed radical at the time (early 1970s). Open and honest children's book (quite funny too).


THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment